I made these for camping snacks over our Easter break this week and actually loved them! By combining most of my most favourite flavours they turned out a super delicious and clean alternative to your friendly neighbourhood easter egg.
Heres the recipe for you to try:
* Mixed raw nuts (1cup)
* Oats (1cup)
* Medjool dates (10, pitted)
* Cacao Nibs
* Espresso shot (2-3)
* Coconut oil (1/2cup, melted)
* Rice malt syrup (2tbl)
* Nut butter (1/2cup)
1. Line tray with baking paper. Combine nuts and oats in a food processor and whiz until fine. Add dates, a sprinkling of cacao nibs and either 1 or 2 shots of espresso depending on how much you like coffee (i like it alot hehe), whiz again until nicely combined.
2. Press mixture in to tray and place in freezer for 1 hour.
3. Remove tray and spread nut butter evenly across the base.
4. Combine coconut oil, rice malt syrup, espresso shot in a bowl and stir well. Pour over the top of the nut butter. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and place back in the freezer for 1 hour.
5. Remove from tray and slice in to little square blocks and place in air tight container. Keep frozen or refrigerated for best results.
6. Enjoy xxx
(Art: Fiona Stephenson)